Thursday, August 7, 2008

What a week!!

Well its been a long week. Hubby dearest got hurt on Sunday night. He has joined the church softball league. They were playing their first game on Sunday night. His second time to bat, he hit the ball was running to 1st base and his legs both gave out from underneath him. I thought at first he sprained his ankles, until they tried to help him up, both his feet were just dangling there.

So we went to the ER. The ER Dr said he had never seen someone blow both their achilles tendons at the same time before. Hubby seemed to be rather interesting to the medical staff that night. Everyone wanted to come in and look.

Monday they did a bunch of test (blood work and MRI). The surgeon came in and saw hubby, explained the repair/surgery. Hubby had completely severed one tendon (left) and had torn about 90% of the other side (right). He was scheduled for surgery the next evening.

The surgery was suppose to only take 2 1/2 hours. Almost 7 hours later, I am still still there waiting for s omeone to tell me whats going on!! Finally someone comes out, The damage to one side was a lot more then they had thought. He is in recovery and I should be able to see him soon. Another 2 hours pass, so I ask the desk attendent again what's going on, he calls back and the nurse tells me hubby had some complications with the breathing tube. I was told to go up the his room to wait for him. So 10 long hours later I see my hubby.

He was in terrible pain and panic. The nurses couldn't calm him down. Finally he saw me and latched on to my arm. I was able to talk to him and actually have him hear me. I don't think what the nurses were saying to him was registering. It was a long night. Broke my heart to see him in such pain.

No comments: