Tuesday, November 25, 2008

When it rains it pours

So I just get this email from one of my daycare families...

When Hubby got hurt back in August and I had that family suddenly leave my daycare I was desperate to fill the spots. I interview with this family who wanted me to watch their infant. Mom was looking for work hadn’t found anything yet. So I agreed to do an “hourly” rate while she was looking for work, with the agreement that when she found work the baby would be “full time” here.

Well I watched the baby for 2 months at the hourly rate before mom found a job. So this month she went “fulltime”. She’s here 3 days a week. They have decided that financially they can not afford to pay the rate they are paying me right now for daycare.

I do not have a "permanent hourly drop-in". I only did the hourly rate as a “special circumstance” as they were looking for work and with the intention that they were planning on going "full-time".

Now I either have to cut my pay or lose the money completely. Neither of which I can afford to do right now.

I do not know what to do.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Thinking of you!!!! Praying that it will all work out for you!!!

Kristine said...

I'm sorry. HUGS
I hope it all works out.

Katy said...

oh my goodness....I am so sorry Angie. I pray it all works out for the best!