Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Quick update and a easy recipe to share.

Still battling fatigue, not sure if its from everything thats been going one lately or if something else is going on with my health. Going to give myself a few more days, if its not getting better by next week I'll have to talk to the dr about it.


Spaghetti O Casserole! I know sounds a little weird. I got the original recipe from Mommy's Kitchen, and tweaked it to fit my family.

These are the ingredients you will need:

4 cans plain spaghetti O' s,
1lb ground beef,
2 cups mozzarella cheese,
1 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese,
1 med onion chopped
1/2 large green bell pepper
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste

Brown beef, bell pepper, garlic and onions. Drain any grease off. Mix together parmesan cheese, cottage cheese and mozzarella cheese in a separate bowl. Mix together Spaghetti O's and italian seasoning, salt/pepper. Layer in bottom of casserole dish (like lasagna) Spaghetti O's mixture, meat then cheese. Repeat. Make sure cheese is on the top.

Bake, uncovered at 350 for 35 - 40 minutes, until bubbly

Original recipe from Mommy's Kitchen, been tweaked for our family. I serve with garlic toast, and a salad.

I can make a couple at one time. Freeze one for another night. Reheats really well for the nights hubby is on his own for dinner with the kids.

If you try it, let me know. I'd love to hear what your family thought!

No comments: