Saturday, September 13, 2008

Game night

Well not sure what to really say about today.. I woke up late about 5 seconds before my door bell rang.

Friend from up the street and I were going to walk around the neighborhood block sale. I hastily threw on clothes. The sale consisted of 4 houses... I didn't find anything great to write about. I did get one of those bead roller coaster things for the DC kids to play with. I'll try to remember to add a picture later.

Then I came home, went about doing a little housework. Hubby seemed to be in a foul mood. Said he just wanted to play video games. So he spent most of the day on the couch playing lego stars wars.



The friend from early invited us to her house tonight along with some other folks to do a 'game night'. I asked hubby if he'd like to go and he said 'sure, sounds like fun.' I admit that I am a very social person. I like going to friends doing dinner, game nights, visiting. I like having people over to our house as well. Hubby doesn't. I was thrilled he said he'd go. So I dashed out to the store to get some things to take for snacks. When I came back they (my hubby and daughter) were still playing the game. I then went over to the neighbors to visit for a few minutes (OK I was there an hour), came back still playing the game. I got everything ready to take to game night and it was time to go. I load everything in the car, repeatedly telling dear hubby it was time to go. He still played the game. SO I was a little peeved. The sound to the little guns firing on the game were driving me nuts. I wanted to go to the game night and hubby was still sitting in the couch playing the stupid game. So like a brat, I left him here and went without him. Said well its time to go, I've been telling you for an hour its time to go, they are now waiting on us. I'm going. When you are done playing this game and want to join us you can just roll yourself(he's still in a wheelchair) down the sidewalk. I was so frustrated.

I was only at the neighbors about 10 minutes when the doorbell rang and it was hubby and my daughter. He didn't talk to me for awhile but I think he got the point.

Anyways its was a nice evening. M made a wonderful lasagna, and A made a fabulous cheesecake. I'm not sure who made the brownies but they were yummy too!!

Have you ever played Mexican Train?? Its a domino game. It was sooo much fun!! This game is going on the christmas wish list.

So that was my day... Hope everyone has a GRAND Sunday.

night

5 comments:

Katy said...

I love playing Mexican Train Dominoes!!!

Kerri said...

I'm so glad you had a good time!! How fun!!

Katy said...

I just wanted to tell you that you totally crack me up!!!

"My name is Angie and I am a follower..." ROFL!!!!!

Picket said...

Morning friend! When my boys were teenagers they loved playing those games on their nintendo thingys! lol they would always crack me up they way they would talk to the game and each other making wise cracks if one was losing! They were a hoot! Glad they evening turned out good for you...I want to thank you for coming by...hope you get to try the recipe...it is a quick and easy one pot complete dinner! lol Take care and have a great week!

Kristine said...

Sounds like you had a great night.
Your blog is lovely. :)