Tuesday, October 7, 2008

PTO Treasurer

How I get myself into these things….

I haven’t been attending the school PTO (like the PTA, less organized) meetings this year (I know bad parent). With everything going on at home, okay excuses excuses; I was lazy and didn’t go.



So my dear friend and neighbor is the school PTO co vice pres, her hubby is the Pres. She talks me into going to the meeting tonight. Next thing I know I’m being made the treasurer. Just in time for school carnival!! I had offer to help with the carnival. Next thing I knew I was being nominated, seconded and voted in. I could have stood up and said “NO” but I didn’t.


Hubby says I’m a push over.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Ut oh, let the fun begin... LOL
I went to two of our meetings and never went back. It was so unorganized. I'm sure you'll do well. If they didn't think you could handle it, they wouldn't have asked. :)

Cathy said...

You will do fine!!!! We also have PTO here as well! I really haven't gotten to involved with it though :)