Ryan wanted me to post the hot dog cake first. He loved helping with it. The original recipe was past to me by my childhood friend Dawn. Here it is..
Cute Hot Dog Cake
Ingredients:Pound cake (baked or store bought)
twinkies (3 per cake)
chocolate frosting
red and/or yellow tube icing
green dots or other gummy candy
Bake a pound cake following package directions or buy an already made pound cake from the grocery store. Cut about 1/4 inch from each corner diagonally (so the cut pieces look like triangles. You are making the cake look like a hot dog bun). Slice cake in half carefully lengthwise (so it will have a top and bottom).
Open 3 twinkies and frost with chocolate frosting on a plate (personal experience says frosting them on a separate plate works best) don't forget the back side of the two end twinkies. (This will be the "hot dog"). Carefully place frosted twinkies on the bottom half of the pound cake towards the front of it frosted side out.
Place top half of the pound cake on top of frosted twinkies, with the hinge on the back away from frosted twinkies. Use red and yellow icing across the twinkies to look like ketchup and mustard. Cut green gummy candy into small pieces and sprinkle over frosted twinkies to look like relish.
When you are done, it looks like a real hot dog. Easy, delicious and a big hit with the kids.
There are some days when I post stuff, and then check back several times to see if I have comments and then feel so disappointed when there isn't any. So if you've stopped by and read this please leave me a note... just a "hi" or even "you suck" would do. Ok, I need a life, lol.
How do you increase your readers?
2 comments:
You crack me up! This is supppper cute! what a great idea.
I love the hot dog cake. I'll have to try that one. I love the recipe on your blog idea
Post a Comment