I've been trying to come up with recipes that I can double, divided and freeze for quick dinners on busy nights. This one has worked out well for me. I like to use turkey sausage, makes it a bit healthier.
Sausage & Bow Tie Pasta
1 box uncooked bow tie pasta
1 pound fully cooked sausage, diced (like Kielbasa)
2 med green bell peppers, diced
1 med onion, diced
1/2 cup of pasta water
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 can cream of celery soup (or mushroom)
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the sausage, peppers and onion. Combine pasta water and soup until smooth; gradually add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain pasta; add to sausage mixture. Stir in the cheese; cook until cheese is melted.
You could also put into a 400 degree oven and brown the cheese.
No comments:
Post a Comment