Sunday, September 4, 2011

Crock Pot Mondays with the Crock Pot Girls

Recently liked the facebook page Crock Pot Girls. Awesome site!! They have a bunch of recipes they are sharing, tips and tricks. They also are doing Crock Pot Monday. They share a recipe, on Sunday, with the idea that we will all make it together. Kinda cute. Now I can't say I will also do that because I budget and plan my meals a head of time, couple weeks at a time. I will probably run a few Mondays behind as I try out some of the Monday recipes.If you want to participate, tomorrows recipe follows. Dont forget to check out the Crock Pot Girls on facebook!

"If you would like to join in on the "Crock Pot Monday" cooking tomorrow, we will be making Teriyaki Chicken!
Here is our shopping list:
1 small bag of baby carrots
1 can chunked pineapple (we used 20 oz can)
1/2 large red onion cut in chunks
2 cloves garlic
4 chicken breasts or 6 thighs
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste

Layer vegetables/fruit/garlic first, then add the chicken on top. Drizzle teriyaki sauce over the chicken and add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. We will be serving ours over white rice. "

No comments: