Monday, October 5, 2009

Have one of those days when you wonder why you got out of bed?

Hopefully it wont turn out completely like that but this morning had me questioning if it was too late for a "do over".

I woke up slightly late not terribly, just a few minutes... but it seem to throw off the entire morning off. ENL was still asleep... 30 minutes behind schedule. So I woke her up. Boys were up doing their morning stuff. I got the lunches made, breakfast served, and everything packed into the backpacks. Still no ENL, go back to check on her. She's up but not ready for school. Says she's going to be late anyways she's just going to stay home. Ummm NO! Get ready for school your late! This basically gets the door slammed in my face. I remind myself she's a teenager, breathe and go find a cup of coffee.

Got the boys off to school, hubby off to work and daughter finally emerges from her room. ENL is slamming things around in the kitchen. I remind her she needs to get a move on because she's late. So she says she's already late for first hour, why can't she just stay home. I asked if she was sick, No. Because she over slept is not a good reason to stay home from school. Suck it up and get to school. So she's throwing a teenage temper tantrum by then. Finally comes out that the girl she eats lunch with everyday is not going to be at school today so she doesn't want to go to school because there is no one for her to eat lunch with. By the time this came out I was so mad at her I told her to get to school, and I made her walk instead of taking her.

Did I do the right thing? Should I have let her stay home?

Parenting is so confusing.

Sure hope the afternoon/evening goes better!

2 comments:

Marie said...

I just don't know. I wonder why there are just the two of them to eat together. Is there a bigger issue? I am an old woman and our kids are grown. I don't know that I would be able to cope with kids problems today. Our grand kids are far away and I miss them but maybe it is good that they are not near for me to know more and worry more. I wish you the best!I

Dawn said...

I would have done the same thing you did. I think that isn't good reason on not going to school because no one is going to eat lunch with her ~ she could have sit alone to do her homework or something. She will get over it sooner or later. Sorry that you had rough morning with her. **hugs** Dawn