Last week I went to have two spots looked at, one on my arm and one on my leg. They did biopsies of both.
Good news my leg was nothing, just a benign tumor. My arm on the other hand, is a melanona. Its at least Stage 2 cancer, meaning the tumor was more then 1mm thick, and it was invading health tissue. I have to have surgery to have the rest of the tumor removed. They will cut down to the health tissue.
The scary part for me is they have to test to see if the lymph nodes have been affected. If "it" has it could have spread somewhere else in my body. Which is scary!
When melanoma spreads, cancer cells may show up in nearby lymph nodes. Groups of lymph nodes are found throughout the body. Lymph nodes trap bacteria, cancer cells, or other harmful substances that may be in the lymphatic system. If the cancer has reached the lymph nodes, it may mean that cancer cells have spread to other parts of the body such as the liver, lungs, or brain. In such cases, the cancer cells in the new tumor are still melanoma cells, and the disease is called metastatic melanoma, not liver, lung, or brain cancer. ~ Medicine Net explanation
My doctor explained it as what happened to Izzy on Grey's.
I'm sure it will be fine. I trust that God will take care of me, and my family. Thank you for listening ladies!
No comments:
Post a Comment